South African Hip Hop Awards is an event organised anually to reward hard working and promising hip hop artistes across the Africa continet. We bring to you the full list of winners South Africa Hip Hop Awards 2018.
The 7th edition of the South African Hip Hop Awards took place at the Gold Reef City Casino in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The top winner of the night was the RapLyf Boss, Kwesta, going home with six plaques won from all the categories he was nominated. Nasty C,
Below is the full details and winners of the just ended South Africa Hip Hop Awards 2018:
- Outrageous Records – this is a lifetime achievement award for those who contributed in the development of SA Hip Hop and are still active
- Kwesta – this is for the most bankable artist in monetary terms through achievements.
BEST LOCAL BRAND
- SGOD – this is for a South African clothing brand that is strictly Hip Hop.
BEST INTERNATIONAL BRAND
- Castle Lite Unlocked – this is for an international corporate brand that is playing a role in the development of SA Hip Hop
BEST DANCE CREW
- Survivor Dance Crew – the Hip Hop dance crew that achieved the most in the past year
PROMOTER OF THE YEAR
- Pop Bottles – consistent promoter with most impactful and successful Hip Hop events in the past 12 months.
DJ OF THE YEAR
- DJ Speedsta – this is for the DJ who contributed immensely to SA Hip Hop in the past 12 months, be it on radio, clubs or sessions
ALBUM OF THE YEAR
- Nasty C – String & Bling – originality, popularity, quality, visibility, sales, impact, melody and composition
- Big Zulu – this is for a rapper who emerged for the first time and blew up the scene in the past 12 months.
MIXTAPE OF THE YEAR
- Stogie T – Honey & Pain – popularity, quality, visibility, impact
HUSTLER OF THE YEAR
- Kwesta – endorsements or any other achievements acquired through Hip Hop
LYRICIST OF THE YEAR
- Stogie T – Honey & Pain – consistent lyricism throughout the past 12months, solid lyrical repertoire
- Dbongz – pieces done in the past 12 months,originality, creativity and message relevance
PRODUCER OF THE YEAR
- Gemini Major – Number of singles, quality, quantity,arrangement, innovation, impact
- Kwesta ft Wale – Spirit – the most popular rap song collaborated by 2 or more artists
- Moozlie – female rapper consistent in the past 12 months with radio singles, videos, performances and a solid album, mixtape or EP
- Nasty C – male rapper consistent in the past 12 months with radio singles, videos, performances and a solid album
BEST HIP HOP RADIO SHOW
- Motsweding FM – Local content, SA Hip Hop development, listenership,relevance and quality. This is 100% judged by the public.
- Kwesta ft Wale – Spirit – quality, storyline, relevance, airplay, YouTube hits.
SONG OF THE YEAR
- Kwesta ft Wale – Spirit – airplay, popularity, quality, relevance, impact, originality
BEST DIGITAL SALES
- Kwesta – best selling song or album on iTunes and other digital stores
- Zakwe – Sebentin Remix – best Remixed song.
- Cassper Nyovest – Fill Up FNB – a significant stage or event in the development of something.
NB: Provincial Artists – (There were No Kings this for 2018) – this is for anyone making major moves that benefit the Hip Hop movement in the province. Events organisers and promoters. 9awards, 1 for each province.
We have finally come to the end of the list for the full winners of the South Africa Hip Hop Awards 2018.